Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 23:38:54 +0200
From: "Magnum, P.I." <rawsmooth@...dband.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: mpirun, rules and lazy cores

On 06/29/2010 02:26 PM, websiteaccess@...il.com wrote:
> only 1 core is active, others with very low activity

What happens if you stop the job and resume it? Try that several times
and see if you get varying results.

What version of the MPI framework are you using, OpenMPI? I've had some
spurious weird problems with OpenMPI that disappeared when upgrading to
latest stable. I've never seen it happen under MPICH2.

magnum