Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 20:43:43 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Capitalise 2 words in a line

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 06:55:44PM +0100, websiteaccess@...il.com wrote:
>  How can I capitalizes 2 word in these lines faster as possible.
>
>  john house -> John House
>  bob table -> Bob Table
>  mother supernova -> Mother Supernova
>  etc...

With 1.7.5-jumbo-2 (or above when a newer version is available), with
the next release of JtR (when available), or with the patch from:

http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-users/2010/02/27/15

(which is included into 1.7.5-jumbo-2), you may do the above with:

[List.Rules:Wordlist]
/  va01 vapa c Ta

To avoid overlap with other rules you might have, you may use one of:

-c (?a /  va01 vapa =a?a c Ta
-c (?a /  va01 vapa =a?l c Ta
-c (?l /  va01 vapa =a?l c Ta

(depending on what other rules you have).

To capitalize the second word using JtR's "smarter logic" than just
converting the first character to uppercase and the rest to lowercase,
you may use:

-c (?a /  c M xpz \[ (?a c ^  X0p0

Currently, this will turn "fake mcdonald's" into "Fake McDonald's".
Future versions of JtR might implement support for other special cases
(not just "Mc") or they might drop this unexpected complication.  I'm
not sure which way is better.

Alexander