Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 03:54:40 -0500
From: "Matt Weir" <cweir@...edu>
To: <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: Special character (like TAB) in rules

Magnum,
  I'm really curious, but where are you encountering non-printable
characters in passwords? Part of the reason I'd like to know is I've been
using tabs as my separators, (due to some of the salts including ':'),
because I'd never thought that people could even use a tab in a password
field. Heck, I actually switch between the username and password fields in a
lot of places by hitting tab since it automatically moves me to the next
field.

Thanks,
Matt Weir