Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 22:22:01 +0100
From: Lee Hambley <lee.hambley@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Questions about LARGE multiple patch files

Jim,
At the risk of sounding like the purveyor of the latest trend, have you
considered using some kind of open-source version control system *cough**Git
**cough*?

I have a verbatim copy of the 1.7.3.4 release in Git, hosted freely at
Github.com - it's a tricky version control system if you are unfamiliar, but
there are familiar interfaces cloned from all the popular SCMs available;
I'd be happy to grant you access to my repository, or you could `fork` it,
and work there?

As a side, Git's conflict resolution is second to none … you can find my
repository here, I'm not sure hosting the code here is against the license,
but I'll be sure to correct as necessary:
http://github.com/leehambley/john-the-ripper

-- Lee Hambley