Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 06:27:24 -0600
From: RB <aoz.syn@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: patching error :((

This has gone far afield from anything JtR-related, and as such this
is my last post on the subject.

2009/8/25 websiteaccess <websiteaccess@...il.com>:
>  Message to arrogants english/american members of this list
>
>  Vous vous sentez supérieur parce que vous avez une partie du savoir,
> savoir qui vous a été transmis par d'autres.
>  Vous vient-il a l'esprit que certains membres de cette liste ne sont
> pas des anglophones de naissance ?
>  C'est un problème majeur dans la communication des informations,
> surtout en cas de problème.

I'm sorry you've made this a "language barrier" thing - I used to be
told it was rather gauche for a Frenchman to make a negative
assumption about someone based on their primary language, but that's
obviously at least off by one.  Make no mistake: this is not a
language issue, but a teachability one.  I have worked with many
people of many different languages that do not hide behind them, as
you have done.  Excusing your unwillingness to learn to effectively
use _the_ universal tool for handling external code changes (patch) on
language is childish, and only enforces the image you have grown.

>  Je suis certain qu'avec votre savoir étendu, pour pourrez lire ce
> message en Français sans problème.

Not without a problem, but since I speak Spanish fluently I at least
get the gist of what you say without needing translation.

>  Vous vous rendrez vite compte a quel point vous êtes ignare en langues
> étrangères.

So because I called you out, stating that you were refusing to learn
and seeking free hand-outs, you come back and try to insult me by
saying I'm ignorant of other languages?  The English vernacular has
borrowed a lovely saying from Latin, "non sequitur": it does not
follow.  I'm sorry that you feel language is the limiting factor here,
but that is far from the case.

>  Ceux qui ne souhaite pas m'aider, ne le fasse pas, mais inutile de
> poster des messages arrogants.
>
>  Heureusement, d'autres membres plus compréhensifs, on la courtoisie,
> de me consacrer quelques minutes de leur temps.

And now they will continue to do so, ad infinitum, because you have
learned nothing from this exchange except that complaining loudly long
enough will get someone to do as you wish.