Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 20:52:37 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: DumbForce external mode

On Sat, Aug 01, 2009 at 09:55:29AM +0200, websiteaccess wrote:
>  With this mode JTR use "a-z" and my special charset "é" "è" "ç" "à"
>  is it possible to limit JTR to use only "a" "b" "c" "d" and "é" "è"
> "ç" "à"  ?

Sure, just replace 'z' with 'd' in the init() function:

/* This defines the character set */
	i = 0;
	c = 'a';
	while (c <= 'd')
		charset[i++] = c++;
	charset[i++] = 'é';
	charset[i++] = 'è';
	charset[i++] = 'à';
	charset[i++] = 'ç';

In case by "abcd" you meant arbitrary characters rather than these
specific ones, you may specify your arbitrary characters just like we
did for your 8-bit ones:

/* This defines the character set */
	i = 0;
	charset[i++] = 'a';