Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 14:47:58 -0500
From: Minga Minga <mingakore@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: --make-charset against a File with LANMAN and NTLM Passes?

I've been using JtR alot recently - and have lots of questions / new rules
to push out the group. I am just going to keep asking questions until
someone tells me to shut up ;)

I am attempting to make a new charset based on the output from
PWDUMP/FGDUMP. The file contains approx. 50000 accounts, 7000 of which have
LANMAN and 43000 of which are NTLM only.

When I run:

john --make-charset=mingakore.chr pwdump.txt

It only uses the cracked lanman hashes to create the mingakore.chr file -
and not the NTLM ones.

Is there a way to make --make-charset use the NTLM and ignore the LANMAN
hashes? I've tried removing the LANMAN hashes from the input file to no
avail.

-Minga

(P.S. thanks for the previous "2008" bruteforce help)