Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 13:46:04 +0400
From: SmarTeam Support <smarteam.support@...il.com>
To: Erik Winkler <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re[2]: HMAC-MD5 SSE2 fails under Cygwin

Hello Erik,

Friday, August 29, 2008, 5:49:58 AM, you wrote:

> Please let me know what CPU you are using and what version of gcc you
> are using.

> Erik
> On Aug 28, 2008, at 3:42 PM, Random Intentions wrote:

>> To test that theory, I just did a fresh cygwin install, and I'm still
>> seeing the same issue.  Is there perhaps a lib I'm missing or
>> something?
>>
>> Solar - the compilation does produce warnings as follows:

having the same problem, tried on fresh gcc install

cygwin: 2.573.2.3
gcc: 3.4.4-3
processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1500MHz

as to Solar's request about adding line into hmacmd5_init - the output
is following:
Benchmarking: HMAC MD5 SSE2 [hmac-md5 SSE2]... opad @ 0x49dce0
     12 [main] john 632 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: Error while dumping state (p
robably corrupted stack)
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
--
Best regards,