Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 22:56:10 +0200 (CEST)
From: "Sebastian Rother" <sebastian.rother@...erlin.de>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Core 2 Duo benchmarks JtR 1.7.3.1

> PS: Is there any work going on in utilizing GPUs (using CUDA, CTM) in
> JtR for password cracking?

Please do talk to Xorg developers and ATI/nVidia and explain them you
wanna get a GENERIC framework. Using cuda wont work. Cuda is not supported
on most Systems. Neither is ATIs stream. Xorg is the only alternative to
get a universal framework somehow.

But this needs modifications to the specific drivers.
My oppinion pls. right me if I am wrong.
ATI did not answered so far to my requests but the Xorg developers should
have better contacts to ATI somebody told me.

If you think about offloading the workd to the GPU please consider a
generic framework so Most OSs participate, except of Windows but MS plans
a own generic framework too!

Kind regards,
Sebastian