Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 09:32:11 +0200
From: "Uwe Danz" <uwe.danz@....net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: How to concat words from wordlists to multi-word-passwords

Hi List,

I try to break some passwords with a special format. I know that most of the password consist of 3 or 4 parts. Every part is a word from a wordlist. Sometimes with capital letters at the begin. e.g. VeryRedpassword or redHouseWaterCar

I know that the amount of possible word combinations is very huge. For this reason and the upper and lowercases on word borders the manual concatenation of the word list for instance with perl is NOT my favorite.

I tried to use the john "single crack" rules for this purpose
e.g. 1l2l

But this option is not allowed for the wordlist mode.
Also this option supports only concatenation of two words.
(1l2l3l is not allowed)

Does anyone has an idea who the problem can be handled?

Regards,
  Uwe.

--
"The greatest of all faults is to be conscious of none" Thomas
Carlyle