Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 06:06:43 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: jumbo patch for 1.7.2 revision 12

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 04:37:39PM +0300, Marti Raudsepp wrote:
> Any particular reason why the mysqlSHA1 patch is not included? If
> there are concrete problems with it then I can probably find the time
> to fix them.

We had already included that patch in revision 9 of the jumbo patch,
which is why I did not list it this time.  I only listed the new stuff
that appeared after revision 9.  However, the announcement that I sent
to Openwall's "announce" list does mention your contribution:

- MySQL 4.1+ hashes based on SHA-1 (by Marti Raudsepp);

because revision 9 was not previously announced to that list.  You can
see the full announcement here:

	http://www.openwall.com/lists/announce/2008/04/21/1

If you or anyone feels that anything is still missing from revision 12,
please let me know (just post a follow-up message in here).

Simon - I'd appreciate it if you contribute some of your stuff (such as
the Markov mode, as well as support for more hash types) as patches
against revision 12, to be considered for the next revision.

Thanks,

Alexander