Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 11:10:07 +0530
From: ram <ram@...core.co.in>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: web api to john like service

Is there a web-api where I can provide a username and crypt password and
the passwords are show if easily crackable

I have a number of machines with a lot of mail users. Now I see a lot of
spammers exploiting weak passwords and sending spam.

Running john regularly on all machines is painful , since these machines
are far too many and scattered across. starting john , and waiting for
it to finish and then using the results is humanly impossible

I wish to run a small utility that will connect to a single server
upload passwords and filter out all weak accounts

How Can this be done ? Is there some service already that does this

Thanks
Ram