Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 07:16:02 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: way to customize johns output.

On Sat, Jan 26, 2008 at 10:07:21AM -0500, Steve ...... wrote:
> I was just wondering if its possible to customize john's output.
> for example say my password file is in the format: user:hash:email
> is it possible to tell john to do output in the format: user   (passw)
> email

Without modifying the source code, no - but you really shouldn't need
this.  As I have explained earlier, the output that JtR produces while
it cracks may be incomplete anyway, not listing all of the accounts for
which passwords have been cracked.  With "--show", which is what you
should be using to extract the complete results, you will see the
remaining fields of each password file line.

--
Alexander Peslyak <solar at openwall.com>
GPG key ID: 5B341F15  fp: B3FB 63F4 D7A3 BCCC 6F6E  FC55 A2FC 027C 5B34 1F15