Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 15:01:35 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: To copy  c:\windows\system32\config\SAM. files without inserting floppy or CD

On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 05:12:31PM +0530, Debananda  Ghosh wrote:
> Can u please tell me how to  copy  c:\windows\system32\config\SAM. files without inserting floppy or CD

Most likely, you don't need to.

As the documentation for JtR says: if you're going to be cracking
Windows passwords, use any of the many utilities that dump Windows
password hashes (LM and/or NTLM) in Jeremy Allison's PWDUMP output
format.  Some of these utilities may be obtained here:

	http://www.openwall.com/passwords/pwdump

> This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION ...

Please don't include this kind of disclaimers on your postings, if you
can.  They are meaningless for public postings and are often longer than
actual message content.

--
Alexander Peslyak <solar at openwall.com>
GPG key ID: 5B341F15  fp: B3FB 63F4 D7A3 BCCC 6F6E  FC55 A2FC 027C 5B34 1F15