Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 10:12:41 +0200
From: Simon Marechal <simon@...quise.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re:  Re: Re: Markov filter password generation

Morag Agmon a écrit :
> Oops !
>
> One important thing I have forgotten...
> Please add 'minlength' parameter!
>
> It would save time on combinations I have already checked...  Since I have
> completed a all.chr incremental up to 6 chars, there is no point in checking
> those with the filter.
>
> Cheers,
>     Morag Agmon.

Hello,

	I thought about adding the "minlen" parameter. This would however be
costly on the password generation side (same problem than minlevel), and
would not improve the performance that much, because there are *much*
more long passwords than short ones in a given run.

	If I find an elegant way to do this I'll implement this feature.

PS: yes i upload new versions silently, as this is not supposed to be
some kind of "release" but just my test tree at a given time.