Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 10:19:55 -0400
From: Erik Winkler <ewinkler@...ls.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: looking for JTR latest version with all patches

On Sep 4, 2007, at 3:57 AM, websiteaccess wrote:

> I downloaded JTR from http://www.openwall.com/john/f/
> john-1.7.2.tar.bz2
> and
> patch from http://www.openwall.com/john/contrib/john-...2-
> all-7.diff.gz
> unzipped all
>  then

I have found your compile problem.  It is in the file sha1-mmx.S.
For some reason the line

"#define MMX_COEF                        4"

in the file x86-sse.h causes the error when compiling sha1-mmx.S.  I
had to reduce this number to 1 to get it to compile on my system.

I am not an assembly programmer, so if anyone can shed some light on
why this is happening with sha1-mmx.S and none of the other mmx
related assembly please let me know.

Thanks,

Erik