Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 09:13:22 +1200
From: Russell Fulton <r.fulton@...kland.ac.nz>
To:  john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: looking for JTR latest version with all patches

hmmmm.... I think that libssl comes installed on MacOS X, on my system
it's in /usr/lib:

bluebottle:~/tmp rful011$ find /usr -name libssl\*
/usr/lib/libssl.0.9.7.dylib
/usr/lib/libssl.0.9.dylib
/usr/lib/libssl.dylib
/usr/libexec/httpd/libssl.so

with separate copy as part of an apache distro -- I think I have
installed apache2.0 at some stage.

try doing a find as above and tweaking the config (./configure --help)
to give the path to the ssl library if you have it or use fink or darwin
ports if you don't.

Russsell