Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 22:45:45 +0200
From: "Frank Dittrich" <>
Subject: RE: Hardware question about john the ripper

>Does anybody knows if john the ripper has been implemented in VHDL foe
>hardware? the only think i know is that many parts of john the ripper as
>the cryptalgorithm are on internet at VHDL

This topic came up a while ago, see this thread:
I don't know why gmane doesn't regognise the tread when pointing
to the OP:

I also don't know if there are any newer developments.
Without redesigning the logic of JtR,, the bottleneck is probably

May be it is easier to compute rainbow tables for unsalted
password hash algorithms (or hash algorithms with salt = user name
plus commonly used user admin accounts ...) on FPGAs.

Regards, Frank

To unsubscribe, e-mail and reply
to the automated confirmation request that will be sent to you.