Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 16:22:31 +0100
From: "Tom Earp" <sysadmin@...p.abelalways.co.uk>
To: <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Incremental mode limited to 8 character words?

I understand it is possible to modify src/params.h before compiling to allow jtr to create words greater than 8 characters in length when using it in incremental mode.

I have attempted this with no success...there is a comment in the params.h file:
"be careful if you change these, ((SIZE ** LENGTH) * SCALE) should fit into 64 bits. you can reduce SCALE if required"

what does that actually mean? i would like to be able to generate words between 8 and 30 characters in length

any help would be much appreciated