Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 10:46:26 +0200
From: Simon Marechal <simon@...quise.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Alternative candiate password generator (was:  question about -stdin)

Solar Designer wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 01:48:09PM +0200, Simon Marechal wrote:
>> 	does anybody know of a tool that would do a better job than -inc and
>> that could be used with -stdin ?
>
> I'm afraid that this question is incomplete ("better" in what ways and
> in what usage scenarios?), and it is primarily not about --stdin (so the
> message Subject is wrong).

It was supposed to be an open question. Right now I'm toying with
password generators based on first order markovian filters, that seems
to work better than -inc on two accounts:
* find more passwords in a given time (got to test some more)
* work could easily be distributed
But not as good for:
* generating candidate passwords fast (although I'm sure that a bit of
tweaking would help here)
* working an indefinite amount of time

Download attachment "smime.p7s" of type "application/x-pkcs7-signature" (2525 bytes)