Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 19:53:05 +0100
From: "Frank Dittrich" <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: RE: LM an NTLM combination

Antares wrote

>My Question is, how can I make the best use of the already known LM
>passwords. Do I need to make a wordlist out of the pot file on the
>windows box and specify special rules in order to try only "case
>combinations"?

You could have searched the mailing list archive for NTLM. See
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.security.openwall.john.user/8/match=ntlm
and similar messages.

Recent JtR versions should aleady include the
[List.Rules:NT]
section in the john.conf (or john.ini) file.

I think this question isn't covered in the FAQ because NTLM
isn't supported by the original JtR version.

Regards, Frank