Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 12:33:12 +0000 (UTC)
From:  Johnny <johnny@....net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject:  Re: how to find a password of 16 digits

After hours I now that I have the choice between these three alternatives:
- make my won 16digits.chr
- compile an external mode or
- generate a wordlist.

Right or are there some more possibilities?

If I try to compile an external mode, my john.ini looks like this:
[List.External:MyDigits]
void init()
{

 word[15] = $[0-9];
 word[14] = $[0-9];
 word[13] = $[0-9];
 word[12] = $[0-9];
 word[11] = $[0-9];
 word[10] = $[0-9];
 word[9] = $[0-9];
 word[8] = $[0-9];
 word[7] = $[0-9];
 word[6] = $[0-9];
 word[5] = $[0-9];
 word[4] = $[0-9];
 word[3] = $[0-9];
 word[2] = $[0-9];
 word[1] = $[0-9];
 word[0] = $[0-9];

}

void generate()

{
	int i, c;

	i = 0;
	while (c = word[i++])
	if (c < '17' || c > '15') {
		word = 0; return;
	}
}

But this does not work. Unfortunately I cannot find a sufficient detailed
guide to perform this job.

Any ideas?

For this task a little charset would be sufficent for me. Could someone make
me a charset file for a 16 digits incremantal mode, please?