Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 13:13:38 +0300
From: Solar Designer <>
Subject: Re: NTLM patch performance

On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 10:32:53AM -0800, Alain Espinosa wrote:
> In fact i make some improve in the NT patch (witch C code) that benchmark
> 5100K.
> I send this code to Simon. This means that sse2 code its 4 times
> slower that C code and dont help much.

Sorry, I don't understand you here - maybe the witch is at fault. ;-)

> one sse2 intruction
> one mmx instruction
> and we can compute 6 words in parallel.

Yes, feel free to give this a try.  Mixing in some x86-64 ALU
instructions might help improve performance on some processors, too.

Alexander Peslyak <solar at>
GPG key ID: 5B341F15  fp: B3FB 63F4 D7A3 BCCC 6F6E  FC55 A2FC 027C 5B34 1F15 - bringing security into open computing environments

To unsubscribe, e-mail and reply
to the automated confirmation request that will be sent to you.