Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 15:50:52 +0300
From: Solar Designer <>
Subject: NTLM patch performance

On Sun, Dec 24, 2006 at 05:40:26PM -0800, Alain Espinosa wrote:
> I was thinking in inprove the performance of the NTLM patch that is 5-10
> times worse that SamInside (for only 1 hash 10 times worse, for 2 or more 5
> times worse)

There's a much more efficient implementation of the NTLM hashes support
for JtR in Simon Marechal's bigpatch as linked from this page:

It will do 2 or 4 hashes in parallel on MMX or SSE2, respectively.

> that is the best performance program that i see.

Have you tried ElcomSoft's Proactive Password Auditor?  It's not cheap,
but recent versions are very fast:

> Maybe i cant, but like i say before i like to "play" with program and
> i am sure that i can learn a lot of things trying to do.

That's fine - feel free to give this a try.  I am still not sure what
kind of advice you expected to get from john-users, though.

Alexander Peslyak <solar at>
GPG key ID: 5B341F15  fp: B3FB 63F4 D7A3 BCCC 6F6E  FC55 A2FC 027C 5B34 1F15 - bringing security into open computing environments

To unsubscribe, e-mail and reply
to the automated confirmation request that will be sent to you.