Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 17:17:39 +0000 (UTC)
From:  Rich Duzenbury <rduzenbury@...td.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject:  Cracking password in nearly known format

Hi,

I have a password that I have forgotten in the format of
letter-letter-letter-number-number-number-number.

How can I convince john to try passwords in that format?  I've read RULES, but
it seems un-intuitive.

Also, in this case, I think I know the first three letters, so it should be very
fast to have john try aaa0000-aaa9999, if I can convince him to try them.

Your advice and assistance is appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,