Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 01:20:13 +0000 (UTC)
From:  Alex <enthaz@...oo.fr>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject:  Problem with MPI-JtR

Hi

I'm trying to use part of my university's network to crack passwords efficiently
with MPI and JtR. (20 Linux stations - LAM 1.7?)
So I just downloaded john-1.7.2-bp17-mpi.tar and I installed it. It works
perfectly without mpi running.
And then I run :

mpirun -np 1 -v ./john -i:alpha -format=raw-md5 mdp.txt

It works for 1 node but if i try on 2 or 3 nodes, I get an error :

Crash Recovery File is locked by process 0: ./john_rec.rec.0

All the nodes can't access this file at the same time?

Can someone help me please??
Thanks a lot.

Alex