Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 02:45:10 +0300
From: Ali Polatel <polatel@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: intel c++ compiler and john

Hi,
	Today I compiled john with icc to check if it will provide some optimization
after I saw that it provided considarable optimization when cracking WEP
keys with aircrack-ng.
	I saw it was optimized when I compared john --test results of
my old john and the new one compiled with icc.
	I wonder if any of you have tried to do this too.If so what were the
results? What optimization flags did you use? (I used :
"-xB -axB -O3 -ip -ipo  -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64" mainly depending on
the aircrack-ng makefile which has a seperate part for icc)

						Regards,
						Ali Polatel

[ CONTENT OF TYPE application/pgp-signature SKIPPED ]