Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 18:51:23 +0200
From: Michal Luczaj <regenrecht@...pl>
To:  john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Lotus R6 Password Hash format

Solar Designer wrote:
> On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 03:38:24PM +0200, Guillaume Arcas wrote:
>> Does JtR support Lotus Notes R6 password hash ? Or is there a patch somewhere
>> for that ?
>
> There's no official support, but the jumbo patch includes support for a
> couple of Lotus Notes/Domino password hash types.  I think that they're
> for R5 and R6, but I am not familiar with Lotus products.

And one note from my side; there are two kinds of Lotus Notes/Domino
password hashes:

1. Saltless (legacy support?)
Example: 355E98E7C7B59BD810ED845AD0FD2FC4
John's format name: lotus5

2. Salted (also known as "More Secure Internet Password")
Example: (GKjXibCW2Ml6juyQHUoP)
John's format name: dominosec
And I'm still working on the faster version...

As Solar stated, jumbo-patch includes support for both of them.

And, by the way, salted hash was introduced as of Domino 4.6, while
saltless one seems to be there forever.

Cheers,
Michael