Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 20:19:49 +0100
From: "jonathan rennie" <>
To: <>
Subject: john on Solaris...

I was having problems installing JOHN on Solaris 9 but these have been
solved by ftp'ing in BINARY mode instead of ASCII which was corrupting the
I was surprised, because the initial PKGADD utility was decoding the headers
correctly, and identifying the package correctly, but when I confirmed that
I really wanted to install this package the CPIO util was finding a BAD
When I downloaded using BINARY all problems were fixed...
many thanks to SOLAR DESIGNER and REMBRANDT for their (almost instant)

Checked by AVG Free Edition.