Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 01:37:23 +0300
From: Ali Polatel <polatel@....edu.tr>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Using John for cracking single hashes

 Hi friends,
 I wonder if I can use john to crack single hashes that I have.For example I have the MD5 hash 5d41402abc4b2a76b9719d911017c592 which is 'hello' and I want to crack it with john.
 I have tried but couldn't make it work. I have put it in a file and ran john file first , it couldn't load any hash. Then I have put it in the format user:hash to the file and ran john file again .This time john said :
 Loaded 2 password hashes with no different salts (NT LM DES [32/32 BS])

which is weird too.Adding the --single option didn't change anything.

  I'll be really happy if someone can tell me how to crack single hashes with john.
  					Regards,
					Ali Polatel