Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 04:14:18 +0000
From: "jay rubin" <cjride@...mail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: windows passwords now don't work

> > When I went to change my
> > password I kept getting an error message that the "password entered was
> > incorrect".  So what better to do than rerun john and make sure what my
> > passwords were.

For what ever reason my known password for logging onto my user for windows
seemed to have stopped working after using john.  I knew what my password
was supposed to be.  I just thought that somehow it got changed so I would
run john and get the changed password.

I had to change the password for my account through a new admin account I
had set up.  I was then able to get into my account.

>So you could want to trust me that those passwords are in fact cracked
>correctly, less the case of characters. ;-)

I trust you.