Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 09:05:48 -0300
From: "Pedro Luis Duccini Nunes" <pedroldn@...il.com>
To: <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Starting to use this things

Hi

I´m starting to use John and I need to crack a forgoten password. I remember
the 2 initial characters is "Cs", the final digit is "5" and the lenght is
8.
I configure the min and max lenght to 8 and I´m using incremental mode, but
still running for 24hours.

How do I configure John to crack this faster in a Unix system using DES and
without shadowed passwords?

Thanks.