Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 00:44:40 -0500
From: Dennis Olvany <dennisolvany@...il.com>
To:  john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: SAM on BSD

Solar Designer wrote:
> samdump.tar.gz from john/contrib/win32/pwdump/ compiles just fine

Same one I got from gpl.internetconnection.com, eh? Same compile error,
too. I really have no idea how to go about patching the Makefile.

$ cd samdump
$ su
Password:
You have mail.
dm# ls
CHANGELOG       DESCRIPTION     mkntpw.c        pwdump.c
COPYING         Makefile        ntreg.c         sam.h
COPYING.GPL     README          ntreg.h
dm# make
"Makefile", line 21: Need an operator
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
dm#