Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 21:27:07 +0200
From: "websiteaccess@...il.com" <websiteaccess@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Challenge : some results

Le Wed, 5 Apr 2006 22:32:20 +0400, Solar Designer a écrit:
> On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 08:08:05PM +0200, websiteaccess@...il.com wrote:
>>   Katelyn:
>>   PASSLIST : Challenge.txt
>>   WORDLIST SIZE : 4,893,366 words
>>   DECRYPTED : 192
>>   TIME : 78 minutes
>>
>>   Website :
>>   PASSLIST : Challenge.txt
>>   WORDLIST SIZE : 72,343 words
>>   DECRYPTED : 255
>>   TIME : 95 minutes
>
> I don't know what Katelyn and Website mean or why you're posting this,
> but you can further improve your results by simply picking the 255
> cracked passwords and placing them into a 255-entry "wordlist". ;-)

 Well, If you don't have a supercomputer and not 15 years before you,
how crack maximum passwords ???
 -> have a very good short wordlist and some highly optimized rules.

 As you can see, more 4 millions words are not more effective than only
72 000 specialized words.
 Less words = less time to crack , no ?