Date: 23 Mar 2006 21:34:57 -0000
From: madfran <madfran@....alias.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: WINDOWS 2000 off line

Hi,....

I have some curiosity.

The situation :
- Laptop DELL
- Windows 2000 Service Pack 4
- I have Administrator rights in this machine
- When I am in my office I connect to the network over domain authority
- When I am outside without network I start my laptop with the same user and
  password  ==> My password (or hash) is stored in my laptop

The problem (or curiosity) :
- I run CAIN and try to discover my user identification in my laptop
  ==> not luck ! I see Administrator (for example) but not my identification
- I run LC5 (l0phtcrack) and I import hash from local machine
  ==> not luck ! All hash (included Administrator) but not my password hash
- I run cachedump
  ==> same results
- I run pwdump (version 6) against my laptop
  ==> I see more user ! (one is Administrator_history_0), but I don't see my
      user identification.

Questions (only two) :
- Wicht is the system to see my own user (user and password hash) ?
- Why I see more user with pwdump than CAIN, LC5 or cachedump ?

madfran