Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 12:24:23 +0100
From: Michal Luczaj <regenrecht@...pl>
To:  john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: jumbo pure win32 build

Solar Designer wrote:
> The patch is rather small. :-)

Small, simple and ugly to be precise :P

> You had to drop the support for "Idle = Y" - any chance you would
> implement it with native Win32 calls?

Yup. I did this:

	SetPriorityClass(GetCurrentProcess(), IDLE_PRIORITY_CLASS);
	SetThreadPriority(GetCurrentThread(), THREAD_PRIORITY_IDLE);

And it works. So it's fine, isn't it? :]

> Also, you're assuming that CLK_TCK and CLOCKS_PER_SEC are the same -
> which does not have to be the case (although it may be the case for
> current MinGW if you say that the benchmark works right).

Yes, for MinGW it's true.

I'm attaching patched patch (one more change: _getche() -> _getch() in
tty.c). I was thinking about patch for a patch, but it looked silly ;)

Tom, I'm glad it works for you :) If you'd like to have this Idle=Y
support, then - once again - stuff is temporarily here:
http://www.pjwstk.edu.pl/~s3443/jasiu/ .

Parag, if you need working MinGW build, just download official JtR
Windows build and replace john.exe with the one downloaded from the URL
above.

ta-ta,
michal

still works? :>

Download attachment "john-1.7-mingw-2.diff.gz" of type "application/gzip" (2947 bytes)