Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 04:04:19 +0100
From: Michal Luczaj <regenrecht@...pl>
To:  john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: jumbo pure win32 build

> I'm still waiting for somebody to compile the jumbo-patch for windows
> without the klunky cygwin - maybe someone with a windows-c-compiler is
> interested in a minute of fame and contributes a more elegant
> w32-version running without cygwin.dll ?

For fame I would do anything ;)

OK, not that much :P Anyway, I wrote a tiny patch hoping to help you.
Well, it managed to compile it without any problems with MinGW under
pure DOS command box (WinXP, *NOT* cygwin!), it passed benchmark tests,
it even cracked some passwords. But, uhm, I don't know if it really
works. I really don't :>

Oh, one more thing. Besides MinGW ralated changes, there was a need (in
case of my compiler, 3.4.4) to switch from "u_char" to "unsigned char"
in KRB5_fmt.c and remove "netinet/in.h" from PO_fmt.c.

And there is no -any (non MMX) build available, because of need of sed
(and I don't have sed). Alex decided not to modify Matthew Kwan's
sboxes.c (let it be), but still one can do the same job by hand.

That was fun!

hugs and kisses,
michal

P.S. I'm attaching MinGW patch against vanilla JtR as it might be
helpful for someone (and, Alex, I don't mind if you decide not to put it
on the website - it's just a dirty hack). But I did't know if you have
MinGW, so I've put john.exes down there:
http://www.pjwstk.edu.pl/~s3443/jasiu/
(just a temporary link, I'll take it down soon)

Download attachment "john-1.7-mingw.diff.gz" of type "application/gzip" (2869 bytes)