Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 09:59:23 -0800
From: Arias Hung <arias@...-g.net>
To: John Users <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: salt manipulation

Hello All,

How would I go about customizing which salts in particular I would like like tried before all others?  The documentation seems to imply something along this line since c/s values are provided for one salt (implying being able to focus jtr on just using one salt?)  compared to numerous saltc/s benchmarks  so maybe i'm missing something obvious.  Is this possible?

   In my case I'm referring to just traditional DES.

For instance say i successfully crack a password with hash string 8wA2fClJsg and I want to try to crack a different file trying all combinations with the 8w salt.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

[ CONTENT OF TYPE application/pgp-signature SKIPPED ]