Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 10:26:12 -0800
From: Big Wave Dave <bigwavedave@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: bob the butcher distributed password cracker

On 12/22/05, Simon Marechal <simon@...quise.net> wrote:
> Big Wave Dave wrote:
> > A similar application already exists called "djohn" (distributed
> > john).  You may want to look into it.  I found the author's site to be
> > down, but was able to track the source code elsewhere.
> >
> > Dave
>
> As discuted before on this ML, djohn lacks a lot of features.
Absolutely agreed.

> BtB does too, but i think it's a lot more usable right now (works with
> multiple password files at the same time, no need to copy them manually
> all over the place for example), and i hope to add them ASAP.
I just wanted to make sure you were aware of the exisiting
application, in case it made more sense to develop on top of it
instead of re-inventing the wheel.  I'm not a programmer though, so
perhaps it didn't have a very solid foundation.  I'm anxious to see
your application develop!  I'd love to have something like this.

Dave