Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:38:49 +0200
From: "Frank Dittrich" <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: RE: Oracle password cracker

Simon Marechal wrote:
>Here is an oracle password cracker I wrote for JtR. It is not tested and
>requires tweaking in loader.c and stuff just like the mscash patch.

I never really understood why you developed such an "invasive" patch
for mscash.

Wouldn't it have been easier to convert the "password" file so that
the user name appears twice per line (once _included_ in the hash)?
Then, you woudn't need such invasive changes in JtR's core logic,
and it should be easier to apply the patch to future JtR versions.

Frank