Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 21:26:39 +0100 (BST)
From: Duro Soft <duro_soft@...oo.co.uk>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Secure Mode for John

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, can you compile the software and send it to me let me see how it works.

Regards,

Durodoluwa

Lars Rupp <lrupp@...e.de> wrote:
Hi Jim

On Tuesday 21 June 2005 22:28, Jim Brown wrote (shortened):
> * No passwords would be displayed, or stored at all.
> * Only account names would be output (with optional time-to-crack).
> * John dies after a configurable time period.

You should have a look at the SUSE package "seccheck":
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/9.3/seccheck-2.0-509.noarch.rpm
You can find some perlscripts in /usr/lib/secchk - perhaps
security-weekly.sh is a tool for you.

Greetings,
Lars