Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 19:55:53 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: GPU-side mask mode

The good news:
We now have gpu-side mask mode (and compare) for NTLMv2-opencl. Speed
seems to be roughly on par with Hashcat even though we fully support
Unicode:

[magnum@...er src]$ ../run/john -form:ntlmv2-opencl -test -mask
Device 6: GeForce GTX TITAN X
Benchmarking: ntlmv2-opencl, NTLMv2 C/R [MD4 HMAC-MD5 OpenCL]... DONE,
GPU util:99%
Raw:	1097M c/s real, 1097M c/s virtual

[magnum@...er src]$ ../run/john -form:ntlmv2-opencl -test -mask -enc:utf8
Device 6: GeForce GTX TITAN X
Benchmarking: ntlmv2-opencl, NTLMv2 C/R [MD4 HMAC-MD5 OpenCL] in UTF-8
mode... DONE, GPU util:99%
Raw:	1094M c/s real, 1094M c/s virtual

The bad news:
I did this bascially by copying Sayantan's mscash-opencl host code and
part of kernel and then changing it for my needs. The bottom line is I
still don't understand all of it. Lots of code is duplicated over
formats. I think Sayantan started to clean that up (the NT format seems
to use more shared code) but I have yet to digest that.

Anyway I think I'll implement GPU-side mask mode in a few more formats
before trying to do any clean-up. Perhaps I'll get to understand some
more details while working with that.

https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/issues/1845

magnum