Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 10:24:46 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Argon2

On Thu, Jun 02, 2016 at 10:31:16PM +0200, Agnieszka Bielec wrote:
> > Please create a CPU format

Or two: 2d and 2i.

> > suitable for merging into bleeding-jumbo, using latest code from:
> >
> > https://github.com/P-H-C/phc-winner-argon2
>
> ok, but I will have free time after ~middle of June

That's fine.  For next steps, I think before you approach GPUs again,
it'd make sense for you to experiment with the same optimizations on
AVX2 and MIC - that is, trying to make use of the 2x and 4x wider
vectors with explicit SIMD intrinsics inside the per-block function.

Alexander