Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 01:53:32 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Agnieszka's GSoC formats

magnum, Agnieszka -

On Tue, Oct 06, 2015 at 12:42:53AM +0200, Agnieszka Bielec wrote:
> it segfaults when I'm casting an int array to long array
> but also when I'm creating array as long, next I'm casting it to int
> and again I'm casting to long

All of these sound like strict aliasing violations, so would be invalid
in C.

We're talking OpenCL, right?  Since there's the -cl-strict-aliasing
option in OpenCL 1.0 spec, it sounds like strict aliasing isn't assumed
in OpenCL by default.  However, this option is gone in 1.1+, so maybe
strict aliasing is assumed by default in 1.1+?  We need to figure this
out, if we haven't already.

Related:

https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/issues/352

Alexander