Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 22:55:34 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Agnieszka's GSoC formats

On 24/09/15 21:38, magnum wrote:
> Argon2i segfaults on both super and well (fglrx CPU device):

BTW, by fglrx here, you probably mean APP-SDK, which is currently part
of the fglrx distribution, but can also be downloaded and installed
separately.  Also, the code in jumbo to detect Catalyst version appears
to actually detect the APP-SDK version and derive the likely Catalyst
version from that, so it may misdetect Catalyst version if APP-SDK was
installed separately on a system that also has fglrx.

Does this understanding sound correct to you?

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 09:44:05PM +0200, magnum wrote:
> Another problem. Lyra2 doesn't build on OSX due to still using
> pthread_barrier_t as previously discussed in
> http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-dev/2015/07/17/6

Does this use of pthread_barrier_t come from upstream Lyra2 code?
If so, we could want to discuss it with the Lyra2 team.

Alexander