Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 18:37:15 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: re-introducing source() (was: Judy array)

magnum -

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 07:32:06PM +0200, magnum wrote:
> Finally I re-introduced a source() in MD4 and NT formats. I will do so
> for the SHA formats too.

I haven't looked at the current state of those formats yet, but for
raw-md5 there's a relevant change yet to be made: now that we keep the
full binaries in memory anyway, we can avoid having to perform the exact
comparison in cmp_exact(), and can move it into cmp_one(), saving on the
get_binary(source) overhead.  Perhaps we already have that code revision
somewhere, since before you dropped source()?  And perhaps it's similar
for those other formats.

Alexander