Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 00:56:00 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank.dittrich@...lbox.org>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: librexgen (was: mask + external as filter, generic combinable
 filters)

On 09/12/2015 05:26 PM, magnum wrote:
> BTW are we still supporting latest librexgen or did the API change again?

Some time back I switched from master branch to 1.2.5, because Jan
started fixing some memleaks, and later to the 1.2.6 branch.
Some time later Jan broke the API again, so the latest 1.2.6 wasn't
usable anymore. And I didn't even find an easy way to adjust john to
latest API changes, last time I checked.

I know that librexgen commit fb85f570011b249cf6f0351756e9495d4d0e4161
"works" (if you want to call a library that still leaks tons of memory
"working").
But in one of the later 1.2.6 commits, the API broke.

Meanwhile there are even 1.2.7 and 1.2.8 branches, but I didn't test those.

Frank