Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 22:31:51 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: ldr_split_line() performance regression

On 2015-09-16 22:25, Solar Designer wrote:
>>> We could also use strnlen() there, if we depend on it elsewhere in the
>>> jumbo tree anyway.
>>
>> Fully agree to that.  If it must be used, then do it early, and use the
>> results.
>
> OK, I'll let you and magnum sort it out.
>
> In core, I won't currently commit a version with strnlen(), though.

Just for the record, we don't exactly "depend" on strnlen in Jumbo. If
it's not available natively, we simply supply our own. We do just this
for a whole *lot* of little things now and most of it is in jumbo.[ch].
I think/hope we are almost as portable as John Proper (in a few cases
actually more portable), except we more or less depend on gmake.

magnum