Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 03:53:54 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Judy array

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 02:43:42AM +0200, magnum wrote:
> BTW another idea is to load, prepare and index a (non-mmap) buffer
> before forking.

BTW, I have the same idea about incremental mode's buffers, along with
preparing them for all lengths at once.  Unfortunately, this will delay
pre-fork startup (although maybe the initialization may be parallelized
with OpenMP, across different password lengths), but then there will be
speedup from not needing the length switching.

Alexander

P.S. I am sorry this thread went so far away from its Subject.