Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 02:09:31 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Judy array

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 12:43:44AM +0200, magnum wrote:
> Also, I don't observe any gain from disabling mmap and only minimal gain
> from using --mem=0 when mmap is enabled (I stopped using -mem after mmap
> was implemented).

What does it mean when with mmap I am getting "Each node loaded 1/8 of
wordfile to memory (about 15 MB/node)"?  Doesn't mmap imply that each
node has the full wordlist mapped into its address space?

In fact, without mmap I am getting "Each node loaded the whole wordfile
to memory".  Doesn't not using mmap enable easy and efficient loading of
portions of the wordlist into each node's memory?

This looks backwards to me.  Can you explain?

Alexander